Items on this list are generally indispensable, or at the very least, highly recommended.
- Work boots (steel toes).
- Rain gear.
- Work pants.
- Long underwear/sweat pants.
- T-shirts, and long sleeve work shirts.
- Long-sleeved fleece.
- Socks and underwear.
- Town clothes and boots (hiking shoes).
- Set of planting bags (we provide when needed).
- Shovel (will be sold to you if you don't have one and be deducted on your first pay).
- Water jug (4 liters).
- Safety whistle (use something like a Fox 40.
Toiletries and Medicinal:
- The basics – toothbrush, deodorant, shaving kit, etc.
- Sun tan lotion.
- Vaseline, lip balm, and either Zincofax or Penaten for chafing and rashes. Penaten also works well for cuts on
the hands, and is cheap.
- Solarcaine, in case you get a bad sunburn (optional).
- Tylenol/Aspirin/Advil or other painkillers, muscle relaxants such as Roboxacet, or anti-inflammatories such as
Aleve (all optional).
- Antihistamines, if you might have allergies/hay fever (optional).
-Beddings (you will see sleep on a bed).
- Large “foamie” which acts as cushioning under your sleeping bag (optional).
- Small pack or bag for lunch and rain gear, known as your “day bag.”
- Insect repellent containing DEET.
- Battery powered Coleman lantern, and lots of batteries (optional).
- Duct tape.
You will be in shared accommodation with individual beds (option to make personal accommodation arrangement). There will be an onsite cook. Camp cost is $25/day deducted from your salary
Employees can bring other boosters for themselves such as energy drinks and granola bars
Copyright © 2019 Footsteps Silviculture Company - All Rights Reserved.